The The Brothers' Workshop forum
Spelletjescafé - Café de jeux

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VLC Media player won't open ISO file - Fixed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Magic The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velemoochi

PostPosted: 14-03-2016 03:03:44    Post subject: VLC Media player won't open ISO file - Fixed! Reply with quote

Question from reddit.com - “So, I am moving to Mexico and don't want to take all of my movies. I want to put them on a portable hard drive, instead. I haven't found a reliable way to rip them onto the drive. This subreddit had a tread about converting the movie file to ISO, then associating the file with the VLC Media player. I successfully created the ISO file and associated it with the VLC player in accordance with several web sites that gave me directions, but I am not able to get the file to actually play. I have dragged the ISO file into the player, tried "Media" - "Open file", and also right clicked and choose "Play in VLC Media Player". Nada. Any suggestions are appreciated. Using Windows 7 64 bit”

An ISO file is DVD or CD image and referred as disk image in general. It is a container, not a media format. that's like not understanding why VLC won't play a .zip file. you need to either mount the .iso (which will basically make it appear as though you have the DVD in the computer), or you should have just ripped the DVD directly into a media format with a DVD Ripper. Learn >> DVD Ripper vs. DVD Copier

Mounting an ISO Image in Windows 8 or 8.1 or 10

Ever since Windows 8, it’s worth noting that ISO and VHD mounting is built right into the operating system. All you need to do is right-click, double-click, or select and use the Ribbon to Mount an ISO image. It’s just that simple:

Once you’ve done so, you’ll see the ISO mounted as a new drive in Computer and you can play the ISO image with VLC on your PC as following steps:

[list=none][*]Open VLC Media Player.[*]Click on “File.” Choose “Open File.” A window will open inside VLC.[*]Click the first “Browse” button on the right side of the window. A VLC “Browse” window will open.[*]Click the name of the ISO file that you want to play. The ISO file will be highlighted.[*]Click “Open.” The ISO file will play in VLC Media Player.[/list]
Convert ISO to VLC supported MP4

To rip ISO to VLC player supported formats, you need a professional ISO converter. Here, Pavtube ByteCopy is such a magic tool to help you convert ISO to VLC supported MP4, MKV, AVI, etc with perfect aspect ratio and excellent video quality. Mac version is available here: Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac, well support Mac OS X El Capitan. Once you convert ISO to VLC accepted file format, you can play ISO files without problems.

Learn >> Why Choose Pavtube ByteCopy?

Free download and install:

Other Download:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html

Step 1. Add ISO Image files

Run the ISO to VLC Converter on your PC, and hit “File” or the file icon right below it and choose “Load IFO/ISO” or just click the combination of “Ctrl + 1” on your keyboard to import your ISO Image files.

Step 2: Choose format for VLC

Click“Format” drop-down list and choose “HD video> MP4 HD Video (*.mp4)”; it’s the most widely used format which will be supported by your VLC Player.

Tip: If not satisfied with the default video/audio quality, you can hit “Settings” button on main UI to adjust bitrate, frame rate, resolution, etc.

Step 3. Convert ISO to VLC

Click the big red “Convert” button on the bottom-right corner to process conversion from ISO Image files to MP4 for VLC. After finishing conversion, hit “Open output folder” to locate the ripped video.

With the second method, you not only can play ISO with VLC, but also transfer the converted ISO to iPhone 5se, Galaxy S7 to play on the road.

More

How to Watch Oscars 2016 Movies on iPhone/Android phone?
How to Rip 3D Blu-ray to MKV to Watch in Samsung Gear VR Unit?
How to Solve Windows Media Player Won’t Play H.265 Problem?
Surface video formats and how to transfer files to Surface
Two solutions to Fix MKV files won’t play on Yosemite issue
Watch 2015 Oscars Winners on Tablet/PC/iPad

Src
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Magic The Gathering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: