The The Brothers' Workshop forum
Spelletjescafé - Café de jeux

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nship. Joakim Lindstrom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 09-10-2019 06:50:05    Post subject: nship. Joakim Lindstrom Reply with quote

MINSK, Belarus -- Defending champion Sweden blanked the Czech Republic 3-0 Sunday to earn the bronze at the ice hockey world championship. Joakim Lindstrom scored early and Simon Hjalmarsson netted another one in the opening period for Sweden to take control. Mikael Backlund rounded off the win with a wrist shot past goaltender Alexander Salak in the third. "We came here to win the gold," Lindstrom said. "That was our goal. But the competition is very, very hard, and all in all it was a pretty good tournament for us." Sweden had to settle for the third-place game after a 3-1 loss to Russia in the semifinals. The Czechs outshot Sweden 29-24 but failed to score for the second straight match after Finland blanked them 3-0 in Saturdays semis. Goaltender Anders Nilsson saved all 24 shots for the shutout. "Hes been phenomenal, not just tonight, but the whole tournament," Lindstrom said. "From game one, hes been our backbone on this hockey team." The Czechs -- the 2010 champions -- struggled in the preliminary round, recording three losses before recovering to eliminate the United States in the quarterfinals. Veteran forward Jaromir Jagr said after the game it was his last with the national team -- although he will continue playing for his New Jersey Devils next season. "Its not that I would think Im not good enough for it," Jagr said. "But this is a different hockey than I play. My hockey doesnt fit this style." The announcement came a year before the Czech Republic hosts the next worlds. Russia faces Finland in the final later Sunday. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Jersey . Now, he might be their hottest pitcher. Lobstein earned up his first major league victory Sunday night, allowing one run in 5 2-3 innings in the Tigers 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. Tracy McGrady Pistons Jersey . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. https://www.pistonsrookiesshop.com/Dennis-Rodman-City-Edition-Jersey/ . He says he will have the operation Wednesday and be ready in time for training camp in September. Bernier missed five games in March due to the injury. Tony Snell Jersey . -- Syracuse was dangerously close to letting another less talented opponent pull off the upset when C. Reggie Jackson Jersey . While plenty of statistics illustrate Torontos turnaround in the second year of manager Ryan Nelsens tenure, stopping goals is not one of them.Leading scorer Robert Earnshaw is leaving Toronto FC. Earnshaw went on Twitter to break the news to Tornto FC followers on Friday. "Thank you to @torontofc for their kindness this past year.Ryan Nelsen wanted me to stay but certain things cannot be controlled,&" tweeted Earnshaw.dddddddddddd Despite scoring eight goals in 23 games last season, Toronto FC declined to pick up the option on Earnshaws contract. "Now I have to take some time to make some decisions where I play," added Earnshaw. ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: