The The Brothers' Workshop forum
Spelletjescafé - Café de jeux

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

game, which featured seve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 09-10-2019 06:43:24    Post subject: game, which featured seve Reply with quote

SARASOTA, Fla. -- When it comes to his 50-game drug suspension, Nelson Cruz didnt have much to say during his introduction by the Baltimore Orioles. Cruz gave short answers to any Biogenesis-related questions during a news conference Tuesday, a day after the 33-year-out outfielder finalized an $8 million, one-year contract. "Whatever happened in the past, I look to move forward and have a great year with the Baltimore Orioles," Cruz said. Cruz was suspended for 50 games last August for a violation of Major League Baseballs drug agreement related to the sports investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic. He was joined at the news conference by eight of his new teammates, including Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy, Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Nick Markakis and Matt Wieters. Markakis said last summer that MLB needed stiffer penalties for violations of the drug rules. On Saturday, Markakis said he still favoured tougher penalties but was happy to have Cruz on the Orioles. "My opinion doesnt change toward anything. Hes part of this team now and hes going to be in this clubhouse and were going to welcome him just like anybody else. Hes going to be part of this team," Markakis said. Cruz hit .266 last year with 27 homers and 76 RBIs in 109 games. The suspension cost him $2,732,240 of his $10 million salary. He signed with Baltimore more than three months after he turned a down a $14.1 million qualifying offer from the Rangers. "It was a frustrating process, but Im happy for the decision that I made. Im really excited for the opportunity. I like challenges and I think its going to be a great challenge for me. Hopefully, I do my best and I look for the World Series," Cruz said. Cruz waited until training camps had opened. Hes part of a late spending burst that has seen the orioles commit $63,575,000. Right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez agreed to a $50 million, four-year contract and South Korean right-hander Suk-min Yoon received a three-year deal for $5,575,000. Baltimore lost its first-round draft pick, No. 17 overall, for signing Jimenez, and its second-round selection, No. 55, for signing Cruz. Orioles executive vice-president of baseball operations Dan Duquette adopted a strategy of waiting for free agent prices to drop. "Weve been steadily putting our team together," he said. "We signed a couple of pitchers, which we said we were going to do, and we said we were looking for a bat in the middle of our lineup, and Nelson can fill that role. Were always looking, but I dont anticipate any players of this calibre soon, but were always looking around." Adidas Ultra Boost 19 Kopen . -- Chad Labelle scored the winner 17:36 into the third period to give Medicine Hat a 2-1 victory over the Swift Current Broncos on Sunday and lift the Tigers into the second round of the Western Hockey League playoffs. Adidas Stan Smith Te Koop .5 million, four-year contract with the Texas Rangers that could be worth $32. http://www.nmdtekoop.com/ . The game was the first of two international friendlies that Canada is playing during the international break, with the second game against Slovenia set for Tuesday in Celje. Canada looked uncomfortable defensively throughout the game, and every free kick that came into Canadas penalty box looked like ending up in the back of the net. Adidas Superstar Schoenen Sale . Braves reliever David Carpenter was also fined for throwing at Rockies outfielder Corey Dickerson in the same game, which featured several ejections, including Colorado manager Walt Weiss. Adidas Prophere Nederland . -- Coyotes coach Dave Tippett thinks of one thing when he watches Eastern Conference teams struggle against Western opponents before they get to Phoenix: His team must keep pace.Mercedes and Red Bull could be poised for a close battle at the front of the Hungarian GP after all, after the two teams set all-but identical lap times in Practice Three. F1 world champions Mercedes confounded pre-weekend expectations by totally dominating Fridays practice running, but on Saturday morning, Red Bull suddenly unlocked some more competitive pace.And, via an impressive late flying lap, Max Verstappen finished just 0.002 seconds adrift of pacesetter Nico Rosberg to whet the appetite ahead of qualifying, which begins at 1pm live on Sky Sports F1. But Lewis Hamilton was only fourth in the second Mercedes on his return to the track after his P2 crash and unusually finished half a second back on team-mate Rosberg. Daniel Ricciardo was third in the other Red Bull.Hamilton made several mistakes when out on track and Mercedes mechanics replaced his seat after the world champion reported discomfort. The original one was damaged in his accident. How genuine was that lap from Red Bull? pondered Sky F1s David Croft. We will only find out in qualifying.When is Qualifying on Sky F1?While they did not find as much time as Red Bull, Ferrari also closed on Mercedes in final practice - although Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel remained more than half a second off the pace in fifth and sixth places respectively.Fernando Alonso continued McLarens encouraging practice form to take seventh, while Jolyon Palmer rebounded from a forgettable Friday to secure a rare top-10 finish for Renault.Williams showed the first signns of top-10 form as Valtteri Bottas took eighth, with Sergio Perez sneaking into the top 10 late on in the lead Force India.dddddddddddd. As on Friday, drivers were again regularly running with all four wheels off the track at Turn Four - and the FIA has confirmed they will adopt a zero tolerance policy to such viloations of track limits in qualifying.A drivers lap time will be deleted if he strays 20cm or more beyond the white line at turns four and 11.Practice Three timesheet1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:20.2612. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 1:20.2633. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:20.7264. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:20.7695. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:20.8596. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:21.1857. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1:21.5848. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:21.6499. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1:21.67210. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:21.93511. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1:21.97512. Kevin Magnussen, Renault, 1:21.98913. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:22.00914. Esteban Gutierrez, Haas, 1:22.14215. Romain Grosjean, Haas, 1:22.28416. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 1:22.40217. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1:22.42718. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1:22.54119. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1:22.81620. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1:23.21921. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, 1:23.31122. Rio Haryanto, Manor, 1:23.513 Also See: When does Qualifying start? The Formula 1 gossip column Hamiltons engine plight Get a NOW TV weekend pass ' ' 're, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: