The The Brothers' Workshop forum
Spelletjescafé - Café de jeux

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

t sloppy against these teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 08-10-2019 07:10:42    Post subject: t sloppy against these teams Reply with quote

WINNIPEG -- Rachel Homan didnt care how she got a spot into the Canadian curling trials semifinal, it just mattered that her rink got one. The defending Canadian champion defeated Stefanie Lawton of Saskatoon 6-5 in the final game of the seven-game round robin to finish 4-3, but Winnipegs Chelsea Carey and Ontarios Sherry Middaugh also sported the same mark. Homan got bumped to the semi, though, because her Ottawa rink fared better than Carey and Middaughs teams on rankings based on draws to the button before games throughout the week. "It wasnt important," Homan said of avoiding a tie-breaker. "Its nice to be able to get second place and go into the semi. Either way we had a chance and thats all we needed." Carey and Middaugh will play their tie-breaker Friday at 1:30 p.m. (CT), with the winner taking on Homan later that night at 6:30. Homan, 24, had no preference on which team theyd prefer taking on. "Weve played them both a million times and its going to be a good game either way and hopefully we can win it in 10 (ends)," Homan said. Winnipeg veteran skip Jennifer Jones already earned a bye into Saturday nights final (6:30 p.m. CT) and will watch her competitors battle it out. Jones, 39, defeated Edmontons Heather Nedohin 6-5 to finish her round robin at 6-1, while Nedohin ended with a 3-4 mark. Homan almost had to play in a tie-breaker, but Edmontons Val Sweeting lost 9-8 in an extra end to Renee Sonnenberg of Grande Prairie, Alta., and fell to 3-4. Sonnenberg finished 1-6. Carey had a chance to grab second place outright, but she lost 7-6 to Middaugh. "If theyd told us at the start of the week wed have a tie-breaker, wed take it," Carey, 29, said. Yet she knows her rink will have to curl better to earn a chance to play in an all-Winnipeg final, with the victor representing Canada at next years Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. "We just didnt make enough shots (to win)," Carey said. "I missed a couple bad shots. We just have to make more shots. You just cant be that sloppy against these teams and expect to win." Middaugh, whos competing in her fourth trials, was leading 5-3 after six ends and stole another point in the seventh. Carey rebounded with a nose hit for three in the eighth to tie it 6-6, but Middaugh added one in the 10th for the victory. Middaugh, 47, also saw room for improvement after the win. "The first seven ends were fun and then I turned off my brain in my last shot in eight and then the collar got a little tight after that so I cant lie," Middaugh said. Adidas Superstar Pink Australia . Their 9-19 record remains identical to the crosstown rivals in Brooklyn and trails both Toronto and Boston in the Atlantic Division. Raymond Felton, their declining point guard, is back on the sideline nursing his third injury of the season. Wholesale NMD . - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. http://www.nmdaustraliasale.com/ . James scored 25 points against his former team, leading the energized Heat to a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night. Dwyane Wade added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 22 for the Heat, idle since a 90-84 loss Tuesday at Indiana. NMD R1 Mens Sale . -- Patrick Kueng of Switzerland was nearly flawless as he captured his first World Cup and halted Aksel Lund Svindals streak of four straight super-G victories on Saturday. Adidas Superstar Australia . The third-ranked Buckeyes were down eight points to Notre Dame with less than 2 minutes to play and their offence was nowhere to be found.MONACO -- Novak Djokovic is turning to Boris Becker for help in 2014. The second-ranked Serb said Wednesday that Becker will join his staff for next season as head coach. "He is a true legend, someone who has great tennis knowledge and his experience will help me win new trophies from the Grand Slams and other tournaments," Djokovic said in a statement. "Becker is a great person, too, and I am sure he will fit in our team in the best possible way." The 46-year-old Becker, a six-time Grand Slam champion, will travel with Djokovic and other coaches to tournaments, including next months Australian Open. Djokovic won his fourth Australian Open title last year and finished the 2013 season ranked No. 2 in the world behind Rafael Nadal. Becker will join a coaching staff that also includes Marian Vajda, Miljan Amanovic and Gebhard Phil-Gritsch.dddddddddddd "I will do my best to help him reach his goals, and I am sure we can achieve great things together," said Becker, who became the youngest man to win Wimbledon when he was 17 in 1985. Vajda, who has been working with Djokovic since 2006, said the Serb needed a new head coach to continue improving. "Beckers assignment will not affect much my position in the team, since I will do all I can for Novak, just like I did before," Vajda said. "On the other hand, choosing Boris as the head coach is a good solution, I am sure we will get along very well, and that Novak will continue to progress." ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: