The The Brothers' Workshop forum
Spelletjescafé - Café de jeux

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tagziev pointed to the Maple Leaf on his ch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 08-10-2019 07:05:46    Post subject: Tagziev pointed to the Maple Leaf on his ch Reply with quote

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Falcons running back Steven Jackson, who has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury, is expected to practice on Wednesday. The news raised hopes around the practice facility that he will play this week at Arizona. But coach Smith cautiously hedged, saying Monday the Falcons "anticipate" Jackson will return to the teams first practice of the week. The running back has been held out since pulling the hamstring on Sept. 15 against the Rams. Smith said Jackson will be watched closely, especially on Wednesday. "This is all based on what the doctor will say in terms of how much he will participate in practice as we go through the week," Smith said. "When we left out of here on Friday, everything was very good in terms of his testing and the opportunity to return to play. "We are anticipating well get him in and well see how he handles it. Youve got to go in and take it one day at a time when youre coming back from an injury. Obviously youre not going to go out there and have him participate fully in a practice the first day hes back." Smith said adjustments and corrections made during the bye week played a big role in Atlantas 31-23 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday. Smith said he and his staff spent the bye week "looking at everything we do" before the Falcons ended their three-game losing streak. "A number of things we did during the bye week I think paid dividends," he said. Some of the biggest changes were on defence, including a deeper rotation on the defensive front with rookie defensive ends Stansly Maponga and Malliciah Goodman added to the mix. Maponga was limited in training camp while recovering from ankle surgery. The Falcons used the bye week to add depth to the defensive line rotation. "I thought it worked very well for us," Smith said. "We had much better pressure. We were able to sack the quarterback three times. We had opportunities for a couple other plays, but I thought it was nice to see some of the younger guys stepping up." Also, rookie cornerbacks Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford had new roles with Trufant playing the nickel back and Alford moving outside in passing situations. Smith said the Falcons also wanted to play more of an attacking style on defence. The more aggressive style showed when safeties William Moore and Thomas DeCoud each blitzed on Tampa Bays second play of the game. Moore sacked quarterback Mike Glennon, forcing a fumble, and DeCoud returned the recovery 30 yards for a touchdown. Defensive co-ordinator Mike Nolan moved to the field from the press box level for the game so he could have better communication with the players, including the two-safety blitz which produced the defensive touchdown. "It was a great play call by coach Nolan," Moore said. "He called it and we executed it perfectly and got a big turnover." The offence also made some changes. Darius Johnson was promoted from the practice squad to add depth at receiver following Julio Jones season-ending foot injury and Roddy Whites hamstring and ankle injuries. White was inactive for the first time in his nine-year career. Johnson had two catches and Drew Davis had a 24-yard catch, his first of the season. Harry Douglas led Atlanta with seven catches for 149 yards and a touchdown. Smith wouldnt update Whites status on Monday. Jacksons return could provide another boost for the Falcons (2-4), who managed only 18 yards rushing against the Buccaneers. Jackson, 30, signed a three-year, $12 million deal with Atlanta after posting eight straight seasons with more than 1,000 yards rushing at St. Louis. Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling have shared the carries the last four games. Rodgers caught two touchdown passes from Matt Ryan but neither had success running the ball against the Buccaneers. The Falcons biggest gain on the ground was only seven yards. The good news was Ryan was not sacked while completing 20 of 26 passes for 273 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions. "I thought our pass protection probably was as good as it has been all season long," Smith said. "Obviously we have to do better running the football." Aaron Barrett Nationals Jersey . They started shooting the puck. Joe Pavelski had a hat trick to move into a tie for second in the NHL in goals and the Sharks beat Philadelphia 7-3 Thursday night in the first game for both teams following the Olympic break. Anibal Sanchez Nationals Jersey .com) - Avery Bradley scored 21 points and the Boston Celtics beat the Brooklyn Nets, 89-81. https://www.cheapnationals.com/1677r-james-bourque-jersey-nationals.html . The Goldeyes (10-7) lost 4-1 to the Saltdogs (8-9) Sunday afternoon before 5,834 sizzling fans at Shaw Park. The loss drops Winnipegs record to 3-4 during this past weeks seven-game homestand. Adam Eaton Nationals Jersey .Before a raucous sellout crowd, the Hawks won for the 29th time in 31 games to extend their Eastern-best record to 36-8.As usual, pretty much everyone chipped in.Four starters were in double figures and backup point guard Dennis Schroder led a spurt at the start of the fourth quarter that helped the Hawks pull away. Fernando Rodney Nationals Jersey . But luckily for the Canadian squad, one goal was all it needed. Winnipegs Sophie Schmidt scored the winner off a Diana Matheson corner kick to seal Canadas third-place spot in the Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino in Brazil on Sunday.GLASGOW -- All that Tamerlan Tagziev wanted to do was make his adopted homeland proud. He succeeded in impressive fashion at the Commonwealth Games on Thursday. The Russian-born freestyle wrestler arrived in Canada five years ago, and won his first international gold medal for his new country with a dominant victory in the mens 86-kilogram division final. Still trying to catch his breath after the match, Tagziev pointed to the Maple Leaf on his chest as the reason for his 14-4 manhandling of Nigerias Andrew Dick. "Its a big deal to represent our country. Im proud of being Canadian," said the 32-year-old who lives in Toronto. "Im so happy that I can make all Canadians happy. "Im so proud. The national anthem (played) for me." Tagzievs gold came on the heels Danielle Lappages earlier victory in the womens 63-kilogram division and capped a great event on the mat for Canada on a day that also saw Brittanee Laverdure and Jevon Balfour win silver medals. Canadian wrestlers finished with 12 medals -- a Games-high seven gold along with two silver and three bronze -- in Glasgow, tied with Nigeria and behind only Indias 13 (five gold, six silver, two bronze). Dick jumped out to an early 4-2 lead in the first round against Tagziev, but the native of Beslan, Russia, quickly countered to score 12 straight points. "I knew I was going to beat him easy," said Tagziev. "He surprised me (early), but I was sure I was going to beat him." Indias Pawan Kumar and South Africas Armando Heitbrink split the bronze medals. Meanwhile, Lappage defeated Indias Geetika Jakhar 7-0 in the womens 63-kilogram final to also cap off her first Commonwealth Games in style. "It was awesome. The Games experience, the whole thing was just incredible," said the 23-year-old from Olds, Alta. "The crowd was amazing. Ive never wrestled in front of this many excited people before." Lappage and Jakhar got off to a tentative start in their bout before the Canadian scored six points in the second round to seal the victory.dddddddddddd "I think that I was just really nervous and hesitant to make a mistake at the beginning," said Lappage. "As I warmed up I started to calm down a bit. "There was built up excitement and nervousness. I feel relieved. Im really excited." Cameroons Blandine Metala Epanga and Nigerias Blessing Oborududu won bronze. Earlier in the day, Laverdure suffered a nasty hand injury in the closing moments of her loss in the womens 55-kilogram division final to Indias Babita Kumari. "I looked down and the finger was poking out of the skin," said the 32-year-old Calgary lawyer, who shrugged off the pain to accept her silver along with bronze medallists Louisa Porogovska of England and Ifeoma Nwoye of Nigeria. Laverdure, who also hurt her shoulder last year and only got back competing in March, found herself down 5-0 halfway through the match before falling 9-2. "For me it was a slow start because I shouldnt give up the first four or six points because they take the points and shut down," she said, before adding: "Im happy with a silver." Canadas other podium finish in wrestling came by way of Balfour, who dropped the mens 65-kilogram final to defending Olympic bronze medallist Yogeshwar Dutt of India by a score of 10-0 in the first round. "I knew he was a good wrestler," said 19-year-old from Brampton, Ont. "I dont know if that got to me or not, but hes a good wrestler. Obviously he knew what he needed to do. "I know what I need to work on. I need to train harder." Sampson Clarkson of Nigeria and Scotlands Alex Gladkov settled for bronze. Balfour said that despite the disappointment of his final match in Scotland, he was pleased with his first Games. "My personal goal was to medal. If I didnt medal, I would be pretty upset at myself," he said. "I dont like going to a competition, coming all this way, and not getting on that podium." ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: