The The Brothers' Workshop forum
Spelletjescafé - Café de jeux

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first unit.They were very sl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 06-10-2019 06:34:33    Post subject: first unit.They were very sl Reply with quote

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Two of Canadas rising tennis stars are into the second round of the Australian Open as Eugenie Bouchard and Vasek Pospisil each scored opening-day victories. Montreals Bouchard survived a scare from a 431st-ranked challenger from China, scoring a 7-5, 6-1 victory over Chen Tang Hao. Vancouvers Pospisil, who is seeded 28th, eliminated Australian Sam Groth with a 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 win. Bouchard, the 30th seed, rode a roller-coaster in the one-hour opening set after earning a 3-1 lead, only to lose it a game later on a double-fault. Bouchard, recently named The Canadian Press female athlete of the year, was broken again to drop to 3-4 as Tang rifled back a return winner before holding for a 5-3 lead. Bouchard saved set points in the ensuing game on Tang errors before finally earning a 7-5 win on a break. The 19-year-old Bouchard was more in control in the second set and dominated to win the 6-1. "It was tough but I fought and got through it," Bouchard said. "I didnt play the way I really wanted, but it was good to win one like this. "It was really fun, I had some good support, it was good atmosphere," said Bouchard, who admitted struggling the 35-degree heat. "It was hotter than past few days, tough for both of us," she said. "Its strange training at one temperature (around 25 C on Sunday) and playing in something completely different. But no complaints, it was the same for both of us." She said she needed to be mindful of the hot sun. "Im big on sunscreen and hydration, especially the night before," said Bouchard. I did a good job of it and was fine. Id rather play tennis in the sun than do anything else anyway." Pospisil, 23, was never troubled by Groth and appears to have overcome a back problem which bothered him this month in India and Sydney. In the second round, Pospisil will face another Australian in Matthew Ebden, who beat Nicolas Mahut of France 6-3, 7-5, 4-6, 0-6, 6-3. Pospisil said that while he did not feel at 100 per cent, he played well. "I played surprising well, I was not expecting to play like this," he said. "I wasnt feeling that great and only played points the day before, I didnt have much preparation. "But I returned and served well, overall I did fine." "I didnt feel any fatigue, I was playing relaxed because of my back," he added. "I dont anticipate any problems in the next round but Im glad I didnt have to go five sets." Pospisil overcame 16 aces from his opponent, firing six of his own and breaking on four of 10 chances. He scored 31 winners and 17 unforced errors. The Canadian earned the break he needed in the seventh game of the opening set and in the final game of the match on the Groth double-fault. Basket Adidas Nmd Femme Pas Cher . Having won the first leg 1-0 in Barcelona, Madrid entered the match at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium already in control and quickly sealed its place in the semifinals when Jese Rodriguez scored in the seventh minute. Adidas Nmd Cs1 Noir Pas Cher . With just under five seconds remaining - the Raptors having clawed back from a 19-point deficit and pulled within one - DeRozan took the handoff from Chuck Hayes. http://www.basketnmdpascher.fr/pas-cher-basket-nmd-r2.html . The Raptors (15-15) posted six road victories last month and have won seven of their last nine games overall. Toronto visits the Washington Wizards on Friday night. Yeezy Boost 350 Moins Cher . Mika Zibanejad and Jason Spezza scored in the shootout to lead the Ottawa Senators to a 2-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night. Basket Adidas Nmd Homme Pas Cher . Plata blasted a rising shot to the upper left corner for his team-leading seventh goal of the season. He got the kick after referee Allen Chapman ruled Chris Tierney fouled John Stertzer in the penalty area.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Gregg Popovich couldnt stomach what he was seeing from his starters, particularly Tony Parker.He couldve used an effort like the Brooklyn Nets got from Mirza Teletovic.Teletovic had a season-high 26 points and a career-best 15 rebounds starting in place of Kevin Garnett, and the Nets snapped the San Antonio Spurs eight-game winning streak with a 95-93 overtime victory Wednesday night.The Nets regrouped in overtime after blowing a 14-point lead in the final 5 minutes of regulation, but Popovich felt the game was lost long before then because of poor play from his first unit.They were very sloppy. They didnt compete as hard as the Nets did, for more of the 48, the Spurs coach said. The Nets wanted the game more than our starters did, I think. They might not agree with me, but I dont really care, because Im right.Parker, who sat out Mondays victory at Philadelphia with a rib injury, played only 2 1/2 minutes after the third quarter, though Popovich said the former NBA Finals MVP didnt aggravate the injury.Not a bit, just played like ... played horrible. At both ends of the court, Popovich said. Now if hes hurting, thats a good reason to not play well. But if youre hurting, youve got to tell somebody.Nets coach Lionel Hollins couldnt complain about Teletovic, who had missed eight of 10 shots in his last two games. The message from his coach when told he would start?He told me, Zip your head back together and start playing, Teletovic said.Danny Green had 20 points, 10 rebounds and the tying 3-pointer with 2.4 seconds left in regulation for San Antonio, which had little going most of the night and trailed 82-68 with 5 minutes left in regulation. A 15-2 burst gave the Spurs a chance, and they eventually tied it at 88 on Greens 3-pointer.Deron Williams made a 3-pointer for the first basket of overtime and the Nets led the remainder of the extra period, holding on when Manu Ginobili missed a potential go-ahead 3-pointer with 4.9 seconds left.Tim Duncan had 14 points and 17 rebounds, but shot 5 for 118.dddddddddddd. Kawhi Leonard was 4 of 16, and Boris Diaw missed all six shots.Its a shame, Ginobili said. The truth is that we played bad for a big stretch of the game. We gathered ourselves and had until the last shot to win the game.The Spurs looked agitated most of the night, with the way they played and even the way they strategized. Popovich appeared to drop his clipboard to the court in disgust between the third and fourth quarters after one of his assistants was trying to draw up something.Garnett took the night off after playing 29 minutes Tuesday in a victory at New York. This couldve been the last meeting ever between he and Duncan, the two 38-year-old veterans who are both in the final year of their contracts.The Spurs hit some holiday season traffic coming from their hotel in Manhattan and didnt get to their locker room until less than 90 minutes before the start. That mightve contributed to their sluggish early play, though they overcame it to lead 42-40 at halftime.The Nets opened the third quarter with a 22-5 spurt to surge to a 62-47 lead. San Antonio managed just one basket, a 3-pointer from Parker, for about 8 1/2 minutes to start the half.TIP-INSSpurs: San Antonio had a 16-game winning streak against Eastern Conference teams snapped. The Spurs hadnt been beaten by an East team since Detroit on Feb. 10. ... Parker improved to a league-best 17 for 25 (68 per cent) on 3-pointers this season.Nets: Teletovic had 13 points and 10 rebounds at halftime, the first Nets player with a double-double in a half this season. ... The Nets have won their first two games in December for the first time since 1995.AROUND THE WORLDThe rosters of the teams feature 15 players born outside the U.S., the most of any game this season, according to the NBA. The Spurs feature a league-high nine players, while Brooklyn is tied with Minnesota for second with six.UP NEXTSpurs: Visit Memphis on Friday.Nets: Host Atlanta on Friday.___Follow Brian Mahoney on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Briancmahoney ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Brothers' Workshop forum Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: